This page provides - Bahrain Population - actual values, historical data, forecast, chart, statistics, economic calendar and news. The table provides mid-year intercensal estimates of Bahrain’s total resident population (nationals and non-nationals) Censuses reference periods: 1991: unknown; April 7th 2001, April 27th 2010. As of 1 January 2020, the population of Bahrain was estimated to be 1,494,279 people. According to the official census for the year 2010 issued by the Central Informatics Organisation, the Kingdom of Bahrain had a total resident population of 1234571. Density. The current population of Bahrain is 1,701,863, based on projections of the latest United Nations data. The size of the labor force is estimated to be 716.4 thousand workers. Demographics of Bahrain 2019. In 2019 the natural increase was positive, as the number of births exceeded the number of deaths by … 2239/km² (7th) Land Area. Most of the population of Bahrain is concentrated in the two principal cities, Manama and Al Muharraq.According to the 2010 census, 70.2% of the population are Muslim, with Christians being the second largest religious group, forming 14.5% of the population, Hindus making up 9.8%, and Buddhists making 2.5%.

Bahrain is known historically as a model of tolerance and peaceful coexistence among all cultures, religions and sects. This statistic illustrated the population in Bahrain in 2014, by age group and gender. Implementation method: the Censuses are carried out according to de jure methodology, i.e. Bahrain did not permit dual citizenship, and a Bahraini citizen who acquires a foreign citizenship loses Bahraini citizenship.Bahraini citizenship can be renounced. Home; Demographic and Economic Database; Bahrain: Population by nationality (Bahraini/ non-Bahraini), sex and age groups (2017) Bahrain: Population by nationality (Bahraini/ non-Bahraini), sex and age groups (2017)

The population of Bahrain will be increasing by 72 persons daily in 2020. Countries with the most people are at the top of the list. Bahraini citizenship laws are governed by the Bahraini Nationality Law of 16 September 1963.

The government’s policies on naturalization remain controversial. This is an increase of 1.76 % (25,816 people) compared to population of 1,468,463 the year before. The total population in Bahrain was estimated at 1.6 million people in 2019, according to the latest census figures and projections from Trading Economics. Countries with the fewest people are at the bottom. The estimated population of 2014 was 1.316 million people. The index measures the amount of human capital that a child born today can expect to attain by age 18, given the risks of poor health and poor education that prevail in the country where she lives. Bahrain's population is expected to remain fairly stable over the next few decades and continue its steady 1% annual growth rate. Population Rank. The population is distributed across five Governorates (the Capital Manama, Muharraq, Northern, Central and Southern). This statistic illustrated the population in Bahrain in 2014, by age group and gender. Other indicators visualized on maps: (In English only, for now) Adolescent fertility rate (births per 1,000 women ages 15-19) Bahrain The Human Capital Index (HCI) database provides data at the country level for each of the components of the Human Capital Index as well as for the overall index, disaggregated by gender. The Bahraini society is characterized by its cultural, ethnic and religious diversity. Bahraini 46%, Asian 45.5%, other Arab 4.7%, African 1.6%, European 1%, other 1.2% (includes Gulf Co-operative country nationals, North and South Americans, and Oceanians) (2010 est.) This is a list of countries and dependent territories by population.The number shows how many people live in each country.

Growth Rate.

Bahraini nationality law states who is a citizen of Bahrain. 3.68% (2nd) World Percentage. The data shows that the number of foreign residents is continuing to grow. This number is made up of 677,000 Bahrainis, or 45 per cent of the population, and 823,000 foreigners, who make up the remaining 55 per cent. In June 2002, the King issued a decree allowing citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) to take up dual Bahraini nationality. 0.02%. counting persons using their usual place of residence irrespective of where are they at census times Bahrain currently has a sizeable foreign labor force (about 38% of the total population).

Population Pyramids: Bahrain - 2017. 760 km² . Foreigners are rarely given citizenship.