Plastic bags can kill. Plastic bags can kill. "What would happen if you accidentally swallowed small pieces of a plastic fork?" Janene 0 comment. The problem is surprisingly difficult to diagnose—which is why you must be aware of the danger so you can protect yourself. In general, narrow objects pass through the bowel more easily and smooth ones are less likely to get caught. Swallowed items during dental procedures could range from teeth, restorations, instruments, and implant parts to gauze packs and impression materials, according to a report about dental patients accidentally ingesting devices. It depends on the size. 0. If it was a small piece of plastic, (such as the size of a nickel or smaller,) you will be fine. Glass swallower : You should not worry. Likewise, a 9-year-old girl had an intestinal perforation after swallowing 12 small magnets. Reviewed and updated for accuracy on October 7, 2019, by Dr. Jennifer Coates, DVM .

Sure, freak things happen, but most everything else you did today was riskier than swallowing a little piece of plastic. *~*Proud Mother of 2 Military Sons*~* A Grandma now, too!
I swallowed a piece of plastic wrapping. Janene. Likelihoo ... Read More. Small pieces can travel right through the bowel and be passed normally without problems.

Internal damage can kill you. Once the glass is swallowed there is really nothing you can do other than to allow it to pass through your alimentary canal and be eliminated in a bowel movement. Usually they are passed, but I'd watch for any 'offness'. Although it’s not recommended, if you accidently swallow a piece of gum you’re chewing, you have little to worry about. If you spend every moment of your life worrying that you're the rare case, that's a lot of life you'll be wasting. No. If it is during regular business hours, call to schedule a same-day appointment. Also you should take enough water so that mouth taste can get change. I suppose, if it was large enough, it could conceivably get stuck somewhere and start obstructing things. Be sure you are brushing at least 3 times a day to prevent plaque buildup. If you're worried because your child swallowed a stone, knowing what happens when her body is exposed to a foreign object can help you determine if you need medical attention. Miss Daisy Occasional steer for the freezer Dogs, cats, chickens, etc! I am anal about plastic bags/items and lose twine being kept out of wherever the cows are--cows will eat them and it's a surgery I really don't want to pay for. Accidentally swallowed a hard piece … The risks of swallowing these materials depends on their size, shape and sharpness.