Molokai is home to a population of around 30,000 axis deer!

If you are looking for the best tasting and low-fat meats then Axis Deer meat is the best for you and Axis Deer venison is also something to try out with mild flavor and awesome taste. Island Life: Lanai has the world’s largest herd of free-range axis deer. More Hunting. Our private hunting areas extend over four islands and include 110,000 acres of prime hunting grounds. We offer excellent free range trophy hunting for axis deer, mouflon, black Hawaiian, feral sheep, boar, Spanish “Hawaiian Ibex” goats on the Big Island of Hawaii… Hawaii is a perfect destination to mix a relaxing family vacation with a day or two of hunting in the remote parts of the Island that few people get to see. The island has thirteen public hunting areas divided into units and sub-units labeled A through L. Most units offer all three species but season dates, method of take, bag limits and legal hunting days vary greatly between units. Nearly a hundred years later, that stock has multiplied to an estimated 15,000. Lee Thomas Kjos/The Raw Spirit Before going to Hawaii, the idea of deer hunting there struck me as akin to … The 90,000 acre Hawaiian island of Lanai is undoubtedly one of the most unique hunting destinations in the world. As of 2012, the island was 98% owned by Larry Ellison (Founder and Chairman of Oracle), with the remaining 2% owned by the state of Hawaii and privately owned homes. Hunting Axis Deer in Hawaii. Hawaii Safaris specializes in hunting on the Big Island, Maui, Molokai, and Kauai for Axis deer, Goat, Black Hawaiian Sheep, Boar, and more. HONOLULU – Deer can swim, but not very far. When deer showed up for the first time on the Big Island of Hawaii, mystified residents wondered how they got there. Pictured above is a deer in Victoria, B.C. View our noted game types below with seasonal times. Hunting for Axis Deer is undoubtedly one of the most exciting things to do in Hawaii and you can find them easily in the flat plain areas or in the steep mountains. You Just Purchased a Handgun for Personal Defense, Now What? Hunting in Paradise: Chasing Hogs and Deer in Hawaii. Lānaʻi is a roughly apostrophe-shaped island with a width of 18 miles (29 km) in the longest direction.

Chasing game in Hawaii leaves plenty of time for the beach. A small herd of blacktails live on Kaua'i. Those deer were turned loose on the island of Molokai.

Hawaii is a hunter's paradise hosting a target-rich environment with abundant opportunity for shot repetition and practice. In the 1920s the Molokai herd had grown exponentially, and a dozen animals were rounded up by Harry and Frank Baldwin (reportedly roped by a local cowboy) and transported to Lanai where they were turned loose.

Sponsored by Remington Outdoor Company On the island of Maui, free range Axis deer roam the mountains. Joe Rogan and John Dudley Bowhunt Axis Deer In Hawaii. Joe is trying out the new Rage No Collar Broadhead available at nockonarchery.com - Joes … Pineapple Brothers jointly manages guided hunting operations on Lanai through a partnership with High Adventure Company. Axis Deer Hunting and More.